Who Can Benefit from Participating in Clinical Trials?
Today’s standard treatments first began as yesterday’s clinical trials. If an investigational therapy tested in a clinical trial is helpful, you may be among the first to benefit. Taking part in a research study gives you access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available.
Patients participate in clinical trials for cancer for many reasons, including:
- Standard treatment offers little chance of cure or long-lasting remission
- No standard of care exists
- Rare type of cancer
- Standard treatment highly toxic
- Standard treatment likely to result in serious long-term or late effects
- Previous treatments failed to work
- To prevent recurrence of disease
Have you been affected by ependymoma?
Help others who are going through similar experiences.