Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Support
Your medical team can help you better understand your overall care. Here are some suggested questions to ask your doctor.
- Where do you recommend I get more information about my diagnosis?
- What support services are available to me and my family or caregiver?
- Do you recommend I return to work at this time?
- Do you anticipate that I will be able to return to work in the future?
- How do I talk to my employer about my diagnosis?
- How do I talk to my family and friends about my diagnosis?
- What can I expect during recovery?
- Will I need assistive equipment or supervision at home during my treatment or recovery?
- Are there financial support services available to me?
- Are there travel (e.g., hotel and transportation) support services available to me and my family or caregiver?
- Are there counseling or therapy services available to me as part of my care and to my family?
We encourage you to print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Support was originally published by the National Cancer Institute.